ELECTION CODE 13314
(a) (1) Any elector may seek a writ of mandate alleging that an error or omission has occurred, or is about to occur, in the placing of any name on, or in the printing of, a ballot, sample ballot, voter pamphlet, or other official matter, or that any neglect of duty has occurred, or is about to occur.
(2) A peremptory writ of mandate shall issue only upon proof of both of the following: (A) that the error, omission, or neglect is in violation of this code or the Constitution, and (B) that issuance of the writ will not substantially interfere with the conduct of the election.
(3) The action or appeal shall have priority over all other civil matters
(b) Venue for a proceeding under this section shall be exclusively in Sacramento County in any of the following cases:
(1) The Secretary of State is named as a real party in interest or as a respondent.
(2) A candidate for statewide elective office is named as a party.
(3) A statewide measure that is placed on the ballot is the subject of the proceedings.